Thank you for downloading these handy problem scales! I hope your students get a lot out of them!
Included in this download are 3 scales. There are so many ways to use these scales. Here are just a few that I use frequently…
1. Use the Numbers/Categories scale with younger / non-readers and the Numbers/Category/Words scale with older / readers.
2. Teach the scale using the Numbers/Category/Words scale and the “test” the students by seeing if they can fill in (with words or pictures) the Numbers/Category Scale.
3. Using either scale, discuss each level and give examples of each.
4. Go through magazines or newspapers and cut out pictures to glue on each number of the scale. To make more room for this, cut out and glue the scale on a larger piece of construction paper or poster board.
5. Have students act out examples of various problem sizes.
Need more support to teach problem sizes? Take a look at my Everyday Problems scales and activities here.
Thanks So Much and Happy Teaching!
Cindy ~Socially Skilled Kids